Thursday, November 22, 2007

Passion

Today I had a good chat with my boss about passion what will get me excited again and how I can best use whats left of my time at Gull Lake effectively. I was very pleased that my needs and desires are not being ignored and we will find a solution very soon. So I have a bit of a renewed spirit. I feel like I can begin the legacy stage. The victory lap. What people will remember of my being at Gull Lake for the past 8 or so months.

I'm very sad that things didn't work out here. This was supposed to be my dream job. But I learned very quickly that I lacked the experience, knowledge and sadly the determination to get it done. This was I feel the right job, but just the wrong time. I feel that it was in the best interest of not only myself but also of the camps that I step aside, because when I started I made a commitment that Gull Lake would have second to none food services. I have not achieved that, and I know that I will not achieve it. It's just a little more than I can handle.

I am very thankful for the opportunity. I discovered that I can make mistakes and learn from them. I learned that I'm very teachable and that I can take criticism. Its pretty exciting, which is a good thing, cause I haven't been excited about something in a long time.

Thats all for now. One Love.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Well said.

Unknown said...

I second that notion.

Sammy said...

your victory lap is going to be amazing. i am so proud of you.
as excited as i am for you to be home, i know it will be hard for you to leave the lake. but i will be there, holding your hand.
you know i'm here, baby. xo