Monday, December 10, 2007

Dry Spell

Hey guys. I didn't post last week as assured last week. I'm not really to sure why, but I guess I'm less creative when its really cold out. So this might just be a weekly thing for a while. I'll try to post more often but it'll be tricky cause I'll be busy for the next few weeks. But here we go for now.

My week last week was pretty uneventful. There were only a couple of things going on so not much to do around here. Thursdays floor hockey game with really good, for me at least. I scored 10 goals. I haven't done that in a long time. I guess I'm getting into better shape.

My weekend however was very good. It started off pretty interesting though. Dan was supposed to pick me up Friday morning at 7:30 to go to Calgary with April and Sarah Jane. So it rolls around and No Dan. I keep waiting....and waiting. Finally around 9:30 he calls me to say that his car is in the shop, his engine overheated (which I immediately found pretty funny considering it was minus 30 outside). So another call around 12:30, Dan asks me if I can drive the rest of the way. I said sure and we were finally on our way.

Friday night we all went to a Tea party at Cheri's. It was really cool. Just a bunch of camp people remembering funny stories and finding out the Bree has a lesbian secret admirer. Saturday I went to a lunch with my Grandma for her Heart Disease Group that she volunteers for. It was ok, but my Grandma was sooooooo happy that I came, so it was worth it I guess. Then had a fun afternoon with everyone on 17th Ave and then at Chris Naish's show. Later on Sammy, Chris, Jen and Myself went to Amsterdam Rhino and danced the night away. Alain showed up too later on which made me happy.

Sunday was a combo of sad, frustrating and scary all in one. Sad in that I had to leave Sammy again, leave Calgary which sucks, and drive in Edmonton. I hate Edmonton's roads. I really despise driving in that city with every ounce of my being. I just wish that Edmonton would explode off the face of the map (once everyone has left it of course). Thats my rant for the week.

I'm back in Calgary next Monday so my next podcast will probably be up on Sunday night since I'm not to sure if I'll be able to record in Calgary, we'll see. This weeks podcast is now up though. I'm really excited about this one. It's all Old School. Lots of 70's Funk, 80's Early Disco/House, with 1 hip-hop track and a Christmas song just for Sammy. I hope you like it. You of course know that you can download it from iTunes in the podcast directories of the iTunes store under: Dirrty Needles. Plus you can listen online on the cast site: Click Here!

Much love and I'll talk to you all soon. One Love.

1 comment:

Sammy said...

haha i wish i could make edmonton [once it's empty] explode off the face of the map, just for you.
i loved spending this weekend with you. i wish you didn't have to leave, but you'll be back soon. thank goodness.
"Christmas song just for Sammy"- oh you are so cute. this one is definitely your best podcast to date. it makes me dance =)and the title made me laugh.
i miss you so much, baby.